We take great care when shipping all animals. We've provided the checklist below to respond to common questions and concerns to help ensure your animal's safety and comfort.
- Restricted to the following live animals: dogs, cats, tropical fish and crustaceans.
- Advance booking is required.
- All shipments of live animals must comply with IATA Live Animal, USDA/APHIS and U.S. Fish and Wildlife regulations.
- Shipment must comply with all local, state, federal and international regulations.
- The shipper must obtain the documentation required for the transport of the animal, including a Health Certificate issued by a licensed veterinarian not more than ten (10) days prior to flight departure for flights from Hawaii or not more than fourteen (14) days for flights to Hawaii.
- One health certificate per pet
- Minimum Age Requirements - must be 8 weeks or older and weaned off mother
- Number of Animals Per Kennel - 2 animals maximum per kennel. Must be from same liter and between 8 weeks and 6 months old. Total weight cannot exceed 25 lbs
Carriers and Kennels
- The container must be suitable for the animal being transported and appropriate for air transportation.
- The animal must be able to stand, sit, turn and lie down in a natural manner.
- The shipper must supply a leak-proof container as well as absorbent bedding that is suitable for the animal.
- Water containers must be provided inside and accessible from outside the container.
- Snap-sided kennels, modified snap-side kennels, adaptations (including the addition of nuts, bolts or screws), plastic and top-opening doors are prohibited.
Food & Water
- Your kennel must have two empty dishes (one for food and one for water) securely fastened to the inside of the kennel, yet accessible from the outside without opening the door. In the event of unforeseen delays, food supplied by the shipper is dispensed to the animal by a licensed veterinarian or local kennel. We comply with federal regulations which state we must offer food for dogs/cats less than 16 weeks of age every 12 hours and every 24 hours for those over 16 weeks of age. A one-piece dish is permitted provided it is divided into two separate compartments. Food must be secured outside of the kennel in a sealed bag.
- Water bottles are permitted provided they are firmly secured to the outside of the kennel and are refillable without opening the door. A separate dish for food as described above is also required.
- In case there should be a delay, please tape a small bag of dry food to the top.
We are pleased to accept dogs and cats for transport if the actual or forecasted temperature in each city along the way is between 45 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
20 to 45 Degrees FahrenheitYou will need a Certificate of Acclimation if the actual or forecasted temperature in any city along the way is below 45 degrees Fahrenheit. It must be issued and signed by a licensed veterinarian and dated within 10 days of travel for both the departure and return trips and include the shipper's name and address, type of animal and the specific low temperature that the animal can withstand. Your pet will not be allowed to travel if your document doesn't state a specific low temperature.
Below 20 Degrees FahrenheitWe will not ship any animal if the actual or forecasted temperature in any city along the routing is below 20 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place "Live Animal" and "This Side Up" labels (or directional arrows) on all four sides whenever possible. The letters must be at least one inch tall.
- Complete all labeling as indicated on the Live Animal Checklist (you are required to complete this upon tendering your shipment).
Pet Policies (by location)
- Animals originating from a point outside the Hawaiian Islands must clear quarantine at the first point of entry.
- For additional info, please review our online Government Regulations section and contact the Hawaii Department of Agriculture (HDOA), Animal Quarantine Station at 808- 483-7171.
- Snap-sided kennels, modified snap-side kennels, adaptations (including the addition of nuts, bolts or screws), plastic and top-opening doors.
- collapsible, folding kennels must be rendered inoperable.
Pet Restrictions Apply
Review the Contract of Carriage for Conditions and Charges for Acceptance of Live Animals