- How do I ship my pet?
- How do I pack my shipment?
- Is there a maximum acceptable weight?
- What is a dangerous good?
- What is chargeable weight?
- Where do I drop off or pick up my shipment?
- What are my responsibilities as a shipper?
- What types of payment are accepted?
- What is a Known Shipper?
- How do I become a Known Shipper?
- What items are prohibited on Hawaiian Air Cargo?
- Where can I ship with Hawaiian Air Cargo?
- Can I obtain proof of delivery?
- Can I ship documents less than a pound?
How do I ship my pet?
Hawaiian Air Cargo takes special care when entrusted with your dog, cat or tropical fish. We are also required to comply with regulatory statutes to ensure the safe and reliable transportation of your animal. An advance reservation is required, please contact our Cargo Capacity Desk at 1-877-HA-CARGO (422-2746).Visit our Live Animals page for more information.
How do I pack my shipment?
It’s important to pack your shipment securely so it is protected throughout the flight and arrives damage-free. Here are some basic tips:
- Shipments must be packed to withstand a minimum 48 hour transit time regardless of the service level requested or provided.
- Don’t use worn or old cardboard boxes, use proper inner packing (i.e., Styrofoam, bubble wrap) and do not over pack.
- Perishable items, which may leak, must be packed in solid, leak-proof boxes, containers or bags.
- Ensure your package is labeled correctly. Each piece must be legibly and durably marked with the name and address of both the Shipper and Consignee.
- Hazardous materials/dangerous goods shipment must comply with the Dangerous Goods Regulations by International Air Transportation Association (IATA).
- Firearms must be unloaded and packed in manufacturer’s firearms container.
- Live animal must be in approved cages or species appropriate shipping containers.
Is there a maximum acceptable weight?
For shipping wholly within the state of Hawaii, the weight may not exceed 150lbs. per piece. For shipping to/from Continental US or international destinations, maximum weight is determined by container and airplane type.
Visit our Container Specs page for more information
What is a dangerous good?
Dangerous Goods are items that may endanger the safety of an aircraft or persons on board the aircraft.
Visit our Dangerous Goods page for more information
What is chargeable weight?
Chargeable weight is the greater of the actual weight or dimensional weight to calculate shipping charges. A scale is used to determine the actual weight of the package. Dimensional weight is determined by measuring length, width, and height of the package in inches. The dimensions are multiplied and the result is divided by 194 to determine the dimensional weight in pounds.
Where do I drop off or pick up my shipment?
Cargo may be tendered and recovered at our cargo facilities.Visit our Locations and Hours page for more information.
What are my responsibilities as a shipper?
As a shipper, your primary responsibility is to comply with all applicable shipping and packing requirements. This means:
- Ensuring the shipment is allowable for transport (not prohibited)
- Completing the proper paperwork accurately (i.e., air waybill, shipper’s declaration)
- Properly packing the shipment
What types of payment are accepted?
Accepted methods of payments for shipping from Hawai’i are credit or business check. When paying by credit card, the name on the credit card must match the individual tendering the shipment.
Accepted methods of payment to Hawai’i depend upon the airport of origin.
What is a Known Shipper?
A Known Shipper is an entity wishing to tender its own goods for air transportation on a passenger air carrier that has gone through an approval process mandated by the TSA. To ship on Hawaiian Air Cargo, you must be a Known Shipper or other TSA-approved shipper.
How do I become a Known Shipper?
Apply to become a Known Shipper.
What items are prohibited on Hawaiian Air Cargo?
Common prohibited items include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Improperly packed shipments
- Fireworks and other explosives
- High value items such as jewelry and currency
- Wet ice
- Fish sauce and bagoong
Where can I ship with Hawaiian Air Cargo?
- Honolulu, Oahu
- Kahului, Maui
- Kona, Hawaii
- Hilo, Hawaii
- Lihue, Kauai
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Sacramento, CA
- Las Vegas, NV
- Seattle, WA
- Portland, OR
- Phoenix, AZ
- New York, NY (JFK)
- Boston, MA (BOS)
- Haneda, Japan
- Kansai, Japan
- Fukuoka, Japan
- Incheon, South Korea
- Sydney, Australia
- Brisbane, Australia
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Pago Pago, American Samoa
- Papeete, Tahiti
Can I obtain proof of delivery?
Yes, you can receive Proof of Delivery for $15. Further details about our proof of delivery service are provided on our Air Waybill.Download a Proof of Delivery Form
Can I ship documents less than a pound?
Yes, JetExpress service is the ideal way to send documents as there is no minimum size restriction.
How fast can I get it?
Hawaiian Air Cargo offers a service for every budget. Learn more about shipping options.