Packaging & Labeling
Our packaging requirements help ensure your cargo gets to its destination safely and efficiently. Please review these general requirements that apply to all packages. If you plan to ship special cargo, such as live animals, flowers and nursery stock, seafood, or dangerous goods, please refer to the Special Handling section.
General Packaging Requirements
- Shipments must be prepared or packaged to ensure safe transportation with ordinary care in handling.
- If an article is susceptible to damage by ordinary handling or by any condition which may be encountered during air transportation, it must be adequately protected by proper packing and bear the appropriate labels or markings.
- Shipments of articles and commodities that are susceptible to leakage must be packed in solid, leak-proof boxes or inner containers such as heavy polyvinyl bags.
- Each piece must be legibly and durably marked with the name and address of both the Shipper and Consignee.
- Pieces with a weight in excess of the floor bearing capacity of the available aircraft must be provided with a suitable skid or base that will distribute the weight of the pieces so as not to exceed the aircraft's capacity.
- Do not enclose liquids or fragile or perishable articles in the same package as wearing apparel.